As an applicant or returning student to the PTS Doctor of Ministry Program you may apply for financial aid by completing the steps below:
1. Apply for U.S. Department of Education FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov. This ID serves as the identifier allowing you access to your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. Be sure to retain your FSA ID for future reference, corrections, etc. (If you already have a FSA ID, proceed directly to ‘Step 2’).
2. Complete the free electronic 2016-17 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov (required for both loans and scholarships).
3. Download and complete the D. Ministry Financial Aid Scholarship Application* linked here and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 423-478-7712.
4.Follow the steps below if you wish to apply for Federal Loans:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Log in using your FSA ID Username & Password
- Complete your Entrance Counseling
- Select ‘Complete Counseling’ in the left-hand navigation bar
- Select ‘Entrance Counseling’ under ‘Choose Counseling Type’
- When finished, follow steps to ‘notify school of counseling completion’
- Complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Once obtained, you do not need to complete another MPN for ten years
- Email copies of ‘proof of completion’ pages for both the MPN & Entrance Counseling to email@example.com
- Download and complete the Loan Request Form linked here and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 423-478-7712
- Download and complete the Student Loan Credit Balance Form linked here and return via email to email@example.com or fax to 423-478-7712
5. If you receive tuition assistance in the form of scholarships, submit a letter of thanks to the donor families who have contributed to said funds. Letters (125-250 typed words in a PDF or Word doc) should be emailed to Vbinda@ptseminary.edu and cc: Finaid@ptseminary.edu and must contain the following:
- Your name & state/country of origin
- Why you chose PTS for your education
- Your current job/ministry
- Your future plans for employment/ministry
- Several sentences of appreciation for the family/church establishing a scholarship fund to assist students with tuition
- An attached personal photo
*Please note that D. Min. Scholarships are for D. Min. degree students, both online and on-campus students (excluding cohorts/extensions).
If you have not applied or have not been accepted through PTS Admissions, please contact Regina Wilhelm at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-478-7725.
Financial Aid Office
Pentecostal Theological Seminary
Office#: (423) 478-7727
Fax#: (423) 478-7712