PTS would like to announce a job posting for the position of Custodian at 25 hours per week. please send resume. Interviews will begin as qualified applicant materials are received.
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining a clean work and study environment for employees, students, and visitors.
· Cleans and sanitizes all sinks, commodes, urinals, floors, mirrors, and dispensers in restrooms according to daily, weekly, and monthly schedule.
· Cleans and sanitizes sinks, counters, microwaves, and dishes in kitchens according to daily, weekly, and monthly schedule.
· Empty wastebaskets and trash containers daily.
· Maintain brooms, mops, and other tools for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets and furniture.
· Inspects daily, and refills air neutralizer, towel, soap and tissue dispensers as needed.
· Reports needed supplies to Director.
· Cleans glass windows and doors, blinds, and sills according to daily, weekly, and monthly schedule.
· Clean, dust and wipe furniture; sweep, mop or vacuum floors.
· Lock and unlock doors and buildings, and turn off lights.
· Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and cleaners.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds occasionally.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a parttime position, 25 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday after 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
· None required
· Must be in agreement with the Church of God Statement of Faith, Doctrinal Commitments, and Practical Commitments and must agree to conduct his or her life in alignment with those provisions.
Preferred Education and Experience
· High school diploma
· Previous experience in maintenance or custodial work
Essential Job Skills
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to understand written and verbal communications and instructions.
· Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
· Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
· Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
· Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Possesses interpersonal and organizational skills.
Joylita Ward-Terpstra, MBA, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources
Pentecostal Theological Seminary